These Whole30, paleo and AIP Beef Meatballs are quick, easy and packed with flavour! Made with fresh herbs of basil, thyme, rosemary and oregano along with onion, garlic and celery, they’re perfectly juicy and so more-ish.
These AIP Beef Meatballs are a guaranteed crowd pleaser! They’re not only packed with flavour from the fresh herbs, but soft and juicy from the onions and celery.
These meatballs are one of my favourite things to eat for breakfast. Yes, you read that right! Many folks who’ve just begun following the autoimmune paleo protocol often ask me for breakfast suggestions and recipe ideas and my response is always the same. Your options are endless once you shift your conception of what counts as an appropriate breakfast food!
I get it, it’s a big adjustment if you were used to eating cereal and/or oatmeal as a typical breakfast pre-AIP. The switch to eating soups and salads for breakfast is definitely an adjustment. I always recommend including some fresh fruit on your plate. For instance, I love to have these meatballs for breakfast with my Grapefruit Avocado Salad. The ruby red grapefruit is so refreshing and perfectly compliments the creamy avocado and these meatballs as my protein.
These meatballs are also great as an appetizer when entertaining or served for dinner with a classic AIP nomato sauce and some AIP pasta!
FAQs for AIP Beef Meatballs
Can I make these using a different protein?
Sure. I’ve also enjoyed making these using a combination of beef and lamb. You can definitely experiment with turkey, chicken or pork but the cooking time may vary.
Can I freeze these?
Yes, these meatballs freeze really well in their raw state and are great for meal prep. I usually double the recipe when I make these and freeze half. Let them defrost before baking.
What can I serve these with?
Trust me, these meatballs are so juicy and flavourful they truly don’t even need a dipping sauce! But if you’re serving them as an appetizer, they do go great with homemade dairy-free tzatziki, guacamole or nomato sauce.
If you tried these AIP Beef Meatballs I would love if you would give them a rating and short review. Be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.
Try these other grain-free, AIP/paleo meatball recipes:
- Chicken Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Ginger-Cilantro Pork Meatballs
- Moroccan-inspired Lamb Meatballs
You might like these other AIP/paleo beef recipes:
- Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli with Mushrooms
- Trinidadian-inspired Stew Beef
- Beef and Kale Casserole
- Sweet Potato Lasagna
- Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Pasta
Here are some other quick, comforting, paleo & AIP ground meat recipes:
- Nightshade-free Paleo Chili
- Creamy Garlic Pork and Spinach
- Gluten Free Orange Chicken
- Turkey Burgers
AIP Beef Meatballs (paleo, grain-free)
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
These Whole30, paleo and AIP Beef Meatballs are packed with flavour! Made with fresh herbs of basil, thyme, rosemary and oregano along with onion, garlic and celery, they’re soft, juicy and so more-ish. They’re also quick, easy, freezer-friendly and perfect for meal prep!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 TBSP fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1.5 tsps sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and prepare a large baking sheet with a lightly oiled sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine beef with finely chopped fresh herbs, garlic, onion, celery and sea salt.
- Using your hands, form beef into meatballs about 1.5 inches wide.
- Place onto lightly oiled parchment paper.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 11-13 minutes.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 25.3g
Keywords: beef meatballs, meatballs, appetizers, aip, paleo, grain-free, dairy-free
I doubled the recipe using 1 lb each of pork and beef. Delicious!!
So easy and so flavorful! Definitely will be using this recipe again in the future
This reciple was soo easy and turned out so good! my family and i really enjoyed it 🙂