This Gluten free Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread is the baked good you didn’t know you needed. It’s grain-free, AIP, paleo, soft, fluffy and perfectly sweet without any added sugars.
If you love blueberries, you’ll love this Gluten-free Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread which tastes like if banana bread and a lemon blueberry muffin had a baby. It’s grain-free, paleo and dairy-free, and the texture is super soft, fluffy and cake-like. I was actually really torn between calling this blueberry banana cake and blueberry banana bread. Let me know your thoughts!
Here are the key items you’ll need for this AIP Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread:
- Coconut Butter – In this recipe, coconut butter helps to bind the ingredients and create a soft crumb.
- Palm Shortening – palm shortening offers this bread moisture and a great cake-like texture. I wouldn’t recommend subbing with coconut oil.
- Tigernut and Cassava Flour – I’ve found tigernut flour and cassava flour to be the best combination of flours in this bread.
- Blueberries & Bananas – If you don’t have fresh blueberries, you can definitely use frozen blueberries here. You’ll need one very ripe banana for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice & Coconut Milk – You’ll want to use freshly squeezed lemon juice, and full fat additive free coconut milk.
Blueberry Lemon Banana Bread FAQs
Can I make any flour substitutions?
I have found this recipe to work best using tigernut and cassava flour. The tigernut flour not only creates a great texture but has a natural sweetness that really lends itself well to this loaf. I’ve tried coconut flour in place of tigernut but the results aren’t nearly as good and would recommend sticking to the suggested ingredients.
How do I store this AIP bread?
Store in a sealed container on the countertop for a day or in the fridge for up to 5 days. I suggest reheating before serving! This loaf can also be sliced and then frozen and stored in a sealed container.
Can I replace the shortening?
The shortening in this recipe is used to create the fluffy texture. Unfortunately no oil performs the same here and I wouldn’t recommend any substitutions.
If you enjoyed this Lemon Blueberry Banana Loaf you might also like:
- AIP Banana Bread
- Gluten free Raspberry Lemon Bread
- Banana Spice Muffins
- Lemon-Glazed Blueberry Donuts
- Blueberry Swirl Ice Cream
- Gluten-free Vegan Lemon Bars
- Paleo Lemon Olive Oil Cupcakes
If you try this AIP/Paleo Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread, I would love it if you would give it a star rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.Print