This recipe for Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Compote is super easy, delicious, Whole30, paleo and AIP compliant. Pork chops are marinated in fresh herbs, grilled on the BBQ until they’re perfectly juicy and then served with a sweet and tangy cherry compote.
Growing up my mum always insisted that her mum insisted that it’s mandatory to serve pork with something sweet! Nowadays you’ll find me proclaiming the same thing. They just go together, right? Typically, I serve pork with apples. In this recipe, I’m pairing grilled pork chops with one of my favourite summer fruits – cherries!
Pork and cherries just might be the combo you didn’t know you were missing! To make this recipe, you’ll need two pork chops (bone in or bone-less). The chops are first marinated in fresh rosemary, olive oil, crushed garlic and sea salt for at least an hour. While the chops marinate, make your cherry compote by stewing sweet pitted cherries in fresh thyme, shallot and balsamic vinegar and reduce until perfectly thick, sweet and tangy.
FAQs about these Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Compote
Can I make these pork chops without a grill?
Yep! You can make these pork chops on the stove top in a frying pan or cast iron using olive or coconut oil if you want to use a higher heat. Sear until golden brown, 4-5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
Can I replace the cherries in this recipe?
I haven’t tried myself but I would think fresh peaches would go really well with the balsamic vinegar and with the juicy pork chops. Apples are another classic pairing for pork.
Can I use frozen cherries?
While I recommend fresh sweet cherries, you can use frozen cherries. Just be mindful that they might spring additional water and so you might need to reduce your sauce for a longer period of time.
If you try these AIP Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Compote, I would love it if you would give the recipe a star rating and review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.
Looking for more grilled recipes? Check out:Print
This recipe for Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Compote is super easy, delicious, AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 2 pork chops (boneless or bone in)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary, minced
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 5–6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 3 TBSP water
- 1 cup sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- Sea salt to taste
- Pat the chops dry and season with olive oil, garlic, rosemary and sea salt.
- Cover, and marinate at room temperature for at least an hour, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and, if you refrigerated the chops, bring back to room temperature before grilling.
- Grill the chops approximately 5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Let chops rest 2-3 minutes before slicing/serving with cherry sauce
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil to medium heat.
- Add shallot slices and stir until they begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add fresh thyme and balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat slightly and bring to a simmer.
- Next, add in cherries and water and cook 5-8 minutes until liquid has reduced slightly and cherries are soft. Remove sprigs of thyme, add salt to taste and remove from heat.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 895mg
- Fat: 22.5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: pork chops, grilled pork chops, cherry compote, cherries, aip, paleo