These AIP and paleo Ginger-Cilantro Pork Meatballs are packed with fresh herbs, veggies and spices and complemented by a mouthwatering sweet lime sauce.
Looking for a simple and delicious appetizer or meat entree? These Ginger-Cilantro Pork Meatballs are perfect! They pack a flavorful punch and can be cooked in a variety of ways. They’re great on their own and even better with the dipping sauce!
Here are the main ingredients in these meatballs:
- ground pork – If you don’t eat pork you can substitute another ground meat. See the FAQs below for my recommendations.
- carrots – these add incredible moisture to the meatballs. Who doesn’t love hidden veggies?
- chives, garlic, fresh ginger, cilantro and mint – these give these meatballs all their flavor!
- coconut aminos – if you want to make these coconut free, you can try substituting with Red Boat Fish Sauce.
- lime juice, olive oil and maple syrup – these are the additional ingredients you’ll need for the sauce.
Ginger-Cilantro Pork Meatballs FAQS
How do I store these?
These meatballs are a great meal prep item. They can be stored in the fridge in a seal container for 4 to 5 days or frozen raw in a freezer safe bag or container for up to a month. If cooking meatballs from frozen, you can place them directly in the air fryer, but increase the cook time by a few minutes minutes.
I don’t eat pork. Can I use another protein?
The flavors in this dish would also lend themselves well to beef. These meatballs would also be great with ground chicken and turkey as these proteins are not as flavorful.
What can I serve these with?
Can you bake these meatballs?
The sear from a cast iron pan on the stovetop and/or an air fryer really gives these a beautifully crispy exterior. You can definitely try baking them but I would recommend doing so at a really high heat. Instructions for my preferred methods of cooking are listed in the recipe card below.
If you enjoyed these AIP meatballs you might also like:
If you tried these Ginger-Cilantro Pork Meatballs I would appreciate it if you would give them a rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.Print