These AIP Turkey Burgers are paleo, grain-free, Whole30 compliant and packed with hidden veggies. Throw them on the BBQ or bake them in the oven for a quick and nutritious meal.
This post contains affiliate links.
These AIP Turkey Burgers are a fan favourite in my family. They’re juicy, flavourful and packed with hidden veggies which amp up the nutrition. Unlike many burger recipes, they also don’t call for egg or breadcrumbs to bind the patties.
Here’s what you’ll need for these AIP Turkey Burgers:
- Ground turkey (can substitute ground chicken)
- Garlic and yellow onions
- Mushrooms (cremini or button mushrooms work well)
- Fresh cilantro and basil
- Coconut aminos
- Coconut flour
AIP Turkey Burger FAQs
I can’t eat coconut, can I still make these burgers?
Feel free to omit the coconut aminos and add some extra salt and/or herbs to flavour the meat. You can sub the coconut flour with some tapioca/arrowroot starch or omit altogether. If you do so, the patties will be a bit wetter but should still hold together okay.
Can I make these burgers in the oven?
Absolutely! My preferred method of cooking these is on the BBQ but I make them year round. To make in the oven, bake at 400F on a parchment lined baking sheet for 17-20 minutes or until cooked through, flipping once halfway through. You can also pan fry these in olive oil!
What can I eat these with?
I love to eat these with my AIP Butternut Squash Biscuits or AIP Sourdough Biscuits as pictured here. For a Whole30 option, you can wrap these in lettuce! You can top your burger with sliced onions, lettuce and an AIP ketchup alternative.
I love pairing these burgers with my Mango Arugula Avocado Salad. The sweet and tart flavour of the mango and the creaminess of the avocado really complements these burgers.
If you tried these AIP Turkey Burgers I would appreciate it if you would give them a star rating and review. Be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.
If you liked these burgers you might also be interested in:Print
These AIP Turkey Burgers are absolutely delicious. They’re paleo, Whole30, grain-free, egg-free and packed with hidden veggies. Throw them on the BBQ or bake them in the oven for a quick and nutritious meal.
- 1 lb (450g) ground organic turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3–4 cremini or button mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos
- 1 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1.5 tsps sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium or oven to 400 F.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables either by chopping by hand with a knife or using a food processor.
- In a large bowl add turkey, garlic, onion, celery, carrot, mushrooms, cilantro, basil, coconut aminos, coconut flour, olive oil and sea salt. Mix well and using hands, form into 6 patties or less, depending on how large you like your burgers.
- Grill burgers, with the lid closed, turning once for 10-12 minutes. If baking, place patties on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes or until cooked through, flipping once halfway through.
- Serve warm with toppings like this AIP ketchup and sides of your choice
- Category: Mains
Keywords: aip, paleo, whole30, burgers, turkey burgers, quick meal, healthy