These easy Paleo and AIP Nachos are seriously delicious. They’re made with grain-free tortilla chips and loaded with a vibrant AIP salsa, guacamole, ground beef and dairy free nacho cheese sauce!
These nachos are damn delicious. I know you might be thinking, how can I make AIP nachos? No cheese nachos? No tomatoes? Fear not my friend, these dairy free paleo and AIP nachos include the best dairy free nacho cheese sauce. It’s so good, I promise! This AIP nachos recipe also includes ground beef, AIP guacamole and a vibrant nightshade-free salsa made with cucumber and mango. You won’t miss the tomatoes at all and these are a perfect AIP game day recipe.
Here’s what you need for these Loaded AIP/Paleo Nachos:
- grain-free tortilla chips – You can make you can make AIP nachos with a variety of AIP compliant grain-free chips. Artisan Sea Salt Plantain chips are my AIP chips of choice. But my all time favorite grain-free paleo nacho chips are Siete Sea Salt tortilla chips. The crisp is unparalleled and they serve as the perfect base for these sheet pan nachos! Siete chips are an AIP reintroduction, however, because they contain chia seeds.
- dairy-free nacho cheese sauce – don’t skip the cheese! If you’re coconut-free you can try using the sauce included within this recipe for an AIP cheese sauce that’s just as creamy and delicious.
- AIP taco meat – my preference is ground beef but you can also use ground chicken or turkey.
- Guacamole – this nightshade-free guacamole is so delicious, even without the preserved lemons and a great accompaniment to these nachos
- Cucumber-mango salsa – the perfect AIP nightshade-free salsa that is bright and fresh and laid on top the nachos once they’re out the oven with the guac.
- Additional toppings – cilantro, red or green onions and other garnishes. Not included in these photos, but something I also enjoy doing is adding a dollop of unsweetened AIP compliant coconut yogurt on top in lieu of sour cream
Here’s how to make these Dairy-free Nachos:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Begin by preparing the guacamole and salsa and set aside.
- Prepare the AIP taco meat by combining sea salt, dried spices and lime zest into a small bowl. Saute the taco seasoning in olive oil in a large skillet so that the spices release their flavor. Next, add the ground beef of meat of choice, cilantro and green onion to the skillet and saute until the meat is cooked.
- Lay out your AIP Plantain Chips or paleo Siete Sea Salt Grain Free Tortilla Chips onto a sheetpan lined with parchment paper.
- Prepare the dairy-free nacho cheese sauce by combining coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, turmeric and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and water to make a slurry. Once coconut milk mixture has reached a rolling boil, add in slurry and whisk continuously until mixture begins to thicken.
- Drizzle half the AIP cheese sauce onto the chips and an even layer of the AIP taco meat.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. You’ll want to keep a close eye on them so that they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining dairy-free nacho cheese sauce on top followed by guacamole and salsa.
- Garnish with cilantro, red or green onions and any other toppings of your choice
If you loved these AIP nachos, here are some other AIP and Paleo Mexican-inspired recipes you might enjoy:
If you tried these Easy AIP Nachos I would love it if you would give the recipe a rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.Print