This Cucumber Mango AIP Salsa is a fresh and bright salsa that’s nightshade free and perfect for snacking, or as an accompaniment to grilled meats and veggies. This recipe is also vegan and Whole30 compliant.
Can you really make AIP salsa without tomatoes? You sure can. This fresh Cucumber Mango Salsa is it! Just typing that makes my mouth water. This nightshade free salsa is free of tomatoes and peppers for my autoimmune protocol folks, crunchy, zesty from the lime and so flavorful. The best part? It comes together in just a few minutes with only six ingredients.
Here are the main ingredients in this AIP Salsa
- Ataulfo mango – you can use another variety if you’d like, but the key here is that the mango isn’t too soft/ripe. You want it just firm enough so that you can peel, slice and dice the flesh easily and so that it can keep its shape once mixed with the other ingredients
- red onion – if you don’t like the sharp taste of uncooked red onion you could macerate your onions or give them a quick pickle in some lime juice or apple cider vinegar for 20 minutes before adding to the bowl with the other ingredients. You can also substitute finely diced shallots for red onion here for a milder taste.
- lime juice – you’ll want to use freshly squeezed lime juice here and don’t skip this one!
- fresh cilantro – if it doesn’t have cilantro is it even salsa?
- extra virgin olive oil and sea salt
AIP, Nightshade-free Salsa FAQs
Can I substitute the mango for another fruit?
Peaches or apples would both work really well in this salsa. As with the mango, I would recommend choosing a firm/not too ripe fruit so that it can keep its shape once diced and combined with the other ingredients.
What can I serve this with?
Enjoy this salsa with some plantain chips or chopped veggies as a snack, with guacamole, alongside grilled meats like these Turkey Burgers, with fish or tacos or on top a salad to add some complexity.
How do I store this AIP salsa?
This salsa is best served fresh but can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
You might also enjoy:
- Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- Mango Arugula Avocado Salad
- Mango-Lime BBQ Chicken
- Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Compote
If you tried this Cucumber Mango AIP Salsa, I would appreciate it if you would give the recipe a star rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.Print