These easy Paleo and AIP Nachos are seriously delicious. They’re made with grain-free tortilla chips and loaded with a vibrant AIP salsa, guacamole, ground beef and dairy free nacho cheese sauce!
- 1 cup nightshade-free Guacamole
- 1 cup Cucumber-Mango Salsa
- 3 bags Artisan Sea Salt Plantain Chips or 1 large bag Siete Sea Salt Grain-Free Tortilla Chips (AIP reintro)
- Cilantro, green and/or red onions for garnishing
AIP Taco Meat
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Zest of one lime
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1lb ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 TBSP chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
Dairy-free Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch of turmeric (optional – for yellow colour)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup full fat, additive free coconut milk
- 2 TBSP tapioca starch + 1 TBSP water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare AIP salsa by combining diced mango, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and zest, olive oil and sea salt.
- Prepare guacamole.
- Prepare the AIP taco meat by combining sea salt, dried spices and lime zest into a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat and saute the taco seasoning so that the spices release their flavor (about 2 minutes).
- Add ground beef or meat of choice, cilantro and green onion to the skillet and saute until the meat is cooked.
- Prepare the dairy-free nacho cheese sauce by combining coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, turmeric and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and water to make a slurry. Once coconut milk mixture has reached a rolling boil, add in slurry and whisk continuously until mixture begins to thicken.
- Lay out your AIP Plantain Chips or paleo Siete Sea Salt Grain Free Tortilla Chips onto a parchment-lined sheet-pan.
- Drizzle half the AIP cheese sauce onto the chips, followed by an even layer of the AIP taco meat.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. You’ll want to keep a close eye on them so that they don’t burn.*
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining dairy-free nacho cheese sauce on top followed by guacamole and salsa.
- Garnish with cilantro, red or green onions and any other toppings of your choice.
* I’ve found 12 minutes perfect for my oven and the Siete chips that I typically use. If you’re using Plantain Chips, you’ll want to monitor them so that they don’t burn!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: aip, paleo, nachos, paleo nachos, aip nachos, dairy free nacho cheese sauce, dairy free nachos, loaded nachos, healthy nachos