These easy nightshade-free, paleo and AIP Chicken Tacos are a breeze to make and so delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Creating AIP-compliant taco seasonings without nightshades and seed spices is a challenge but not impossible. This recipe uses a combination of dried herbs and AIP-compliant spices to create a super flavor seasoning that pairs well with ground chicken but would also likely work well with other ground meats.
Here are the main ingredients in these AIP Chicken Tacos:
- onion and garlic powder, oregano, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric – these are used to create the amazing flavor in the AIP taco seasoning
- zest of one lime – this adds a nice zing to the recipe
- ground chicken – you can substitute with ground turkey or beef
- AIP tortillas – In this recipe I’ve used my Sweet Potato Tortillas as the taco shells, but you could also use my recipe for my classic Gluten Free Tortillas.
- cilantro and green onions – these fresh herbs add both brightness and flavor to this recipe
- avocado – this is optional but a great garnish for these tacos!
Here’s how you make these tacos:
- Begin by combining sea salt, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric and lime zest into a small bowl.
- Saute the taco seasoning in olive oil in a large skillet so that the spices release their flavor
- Next, add the ground chicken, cilantro and green onion to the skillet and saute until the chicken is cooked. Taste and adjust salt to taste.
- Assemble the tacos using AIP tortillas of choice, ground meat, avocado, fresh cilantro and any other toppings desired.
Chicken Tacos FAQs
What do I serve these with?
These pair well with pickled onions and additional chopped cilantro. Alternatively, you could serve the taco meat in a bowl with cauliflower rice, AIP guacamole and any other fixings of your choosing.
Can this taco seasoning be used with other recipes?
Absolutely! Sauté veggies using this mix, or substitute the ground chicken with another ground meat in this recipe.
How do I store these tacos?
These are definitely best fresh but can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. I would recommend storing each component of this recipe (ground chicken, tortillas and garnishes) separately in sealed containers. When eating leftovers, reheat the wraps on the stovetop for 30 – 40 seconds before adding the fillings.
If you loved these AIP Chicken Tacos I would appreciate it if you would give the recipe a rating and review. Be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.
Here are some other AIP recipes you might enjoy:
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- AIP Fish Tacos
- Guacamole with Preserved Lemons
- Mango-Cucumber Salsa
- Ginger-Pork Cilantro Meatballs