These AIP and paleo Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa are fresh and delicious with flaky white fish and sweet and crunchy salsa. You’ll never believe they’re grain free!
Growing up in the Caribbean mangoes were a staple in my house whenever they were in season. Though I don’t eat a lot of mangoes anymore (I don’t ever find them as good in North America), I do love to use them as garnishes, in salads and in a salsa that can be eaten on its own, on grilled meats or with fish like in this recipe.
These Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa come together really quickly if you prepare the tortillas in advance. I like to make a batch and freeze them to have on hand. I used my Gluten-Free Tortillas with Cassava Flour here, but you could also make this recipe using my Sweet Potato Tortillas that are quickly becoming a reader favorite.
Here are the key ingredients in these Fish Tacos
- white fish – I used sole but you can use any white flaky fish like cod, haddock or tilapia.
- garlic powder, onion powder and salt – these are used to season the fish. It’s a simple but effective mix that’s beautifully complemented by the flavorful salsa
- mango salsa – this is the real star of the recipe and includes refreshing cucumbers, lime and cilantro! Don’t skip this salsa that is not only bright and fresh but offers a great crunch and texture to this meal.
- AIP tortillas – as noted above, you can use these classic Gluten Free Tortillas or my Sweet Potato Tortillas
- purple cabbage, avocado, lime and cilantro for garnishing
Fish Tacos FAQs
How do you store these tacos?
These are definitely best fresh but can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. I would recommend storing each component of this recipe (fish, salsa, tortillas and garnishes) separately in a sealed container. When eating leftovers, reheat the tortilla wraps on the stovetop for 30 – 40 seconds before adding the fillings.
Can I replace the mango salsa?
Don’t have mangoes? You could also try substituting with fresh peaches or even apples in this cucumber mango salsa recipe.
If you try these Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa, I would appreciate it if you would give them a star rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.