This AIP Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork recipe is a true delight. It can also be made in a Crockpot for the most tender, flavorful and delicious pulled pork that’s completely gluten free, night-shade free and refined sugar free.
This AIP BBQ Pulled Pork is a real winner. It comes together in under an hour in the Instant Pot and is so tender and delicious. Don’t have a pressure cooker/Instant Pot? Check out the recipe notes below for instructions on how to make this in a crockpot too. It’ll be just as good and worth the wait.
Here are the main ingredients in this Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork:
- Pork shoulder – you can also use pork butt roast here
- Honey – you can probably substitute here with maple syrup, maple sugar or coconut sugar.
- Onions and garlic – these are cooked in the slow cooker/ pressure cooker alongside the pork
- Onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, sea salt – these are used to flavour homemade bbq sauce that the pork is tossed in once it’s cooked
- Apple cider vinegar – for that characteristic BBQ sauce tanginess
- Unsulphered Blackstrap molasses and coconut aminos – for thickening, sweetening and flavouring the sauce further
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork FAQs
Can I make this using a different cut of pork?
You can also use pork butt roast (sometimes called Boston butt) and I recommend looking for boneless.
Can I make this using a crockpot?
Yes, see recipe notes below for timing. If your slow cooker has a sauté function, I highly recommend searing before cooking, but it isn’t mandatory.
How do I store this?
This doesn’t last long in my household but you can store int he fridge for 3-4 days or freeze for a couple months!
Can I make this coconut free?
Yes, omit the coconut aminos entirely and adjust for salt accordingly. You won’t miss it too much!
If you loved this Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork I would appreciate it if you would give the recipe a rating and review. Be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.