This vegan and AIP Cinnamon Dolce Latte is the perfect AIP Coffee Substitute. Made with Sip Herbals caffeine-free products, this latte has an amazing depth of flavor and body and is sure to start your day off right.
This post is brought to you by Sip Herbals. Products used in this recipe were sent to me by Sip Herbals and the opinions and text are all mine.
If you’re new to the autoimmune paleo protocol, you’ve probably recently learned the sad news that coffee is eliminated in the (temporary) elimination stage. Fear not, while this AIP Cinnamon Dolce Latte isn’t coffee, it’s completely caffeine-free, dairy-free and absolutely delicious!
Why is coffee not AIP?
While you might be inclined to believe that it’s caffeine that’s eliminated here, it’s actually the coffee bean itself! The name bean is misleading, however, because coffee is technically a seed of the Coffea plant. So, that means, like other seeds, coffee is eliminated in the temporary elimination phase of the AIP. Dr. Sarah Ballantyne has written extensively on the science behind coffee and autoimmunity.
What is the best AIP coffee alternative?
For me, this all comes down to “body”. While I’m a tea lover myself, I want that first morning beverage to be a little bit earthier and have some depth like coffee does. I love Sip Herbals coffee substitutes because they’ve really nailed the coffee-like body in their products. All their coffee replacements really meet that mark with a base of roasted chicory, dandelion and carob.
On top of that, the company is founded by two amazing Black women – the first Black women with a coffee substitute brand. I get *all the feels* supporting other BI&POC owned brands and businesses in the wellness community, and in particular, in the autoimmune wellness space.
In this AIP coffee recipe, I’m using the Sip Herbals “Vanilla” Coffee Substitute. This version is made with a delicious blend of organic roasted chicory root, organic roasted dandelion root, ground vanilla beans, organic roasted carob and sea salt.
Here’s what you need for this AIP Cinnamon Dolce Latte:
- cinnamon maple syrup – this is so easy to make with cinnamon sticks and maple syrup – that’s it!
- full fat, additive free coconut milk – you can likely substitute tigernut milk here that’s another great AIP option
- Sip Herbals Coffee Substitute – I used the “Vanilla” Coffee Substitute in this AIP coffee recipe. It has a tiny hint of sweetness and is super aromatic and delicious and pairs so well with the cinnamon syrup. Their best selling original flavor would also work well here too – just add a splash of pure vanilla extract to the latte for more flavor 🙂
- Cinnamon – for sprinkling on top the latte
- Whipped coconut cream – this adds some extra zhuzh to the latte, but is completely optional and I promise that the latte is still amazing without it.
Here’s how you make this AIP Latte:
- Begin by making your cinnamon syrup. To a small saucepan, add cinnamon sticks and maple syrup and reduce until it thickens.
- To a french press or tea pot add 2 tsp Sip Herbals “Vanilla” coffee substitute and 3/4 cup boiling water. Allow to steep 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, froth full fat coconut milk and set aside.
- Add steeped coffee substitute to a mug and stir in 1 tsp of cinnamon syrup or more to taste. Top with frothed coconut milk and a dash of cinnamon.
- Optional, top with whipped coconut cream and then a dash of cinnamon.
Finally, if you enjoyed this AIP Cinnamon Dolce Latte/ Coffee Substitute you might also enjoy:
If you try this AIP Coffee Cinnamon Dolce Latte I’d appreciate it if you would give the recipe a star rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.Print