This paleo, vegan and AIP Watermelon Mojito Mocktail combines watermelon with lime and mint for a refreshing summer drink.
This alcohol-free Watermelon Mojito takes less than 10 minutes and has 4 ingredients (not including water). It is the perfect, easy, quick summer drink that is so refreshing without any added sugars. All you need to make this recipe is a blender!
Watermelons are in season right now, just in time to beat the heat! Their high water content makes them a juicy and delicious thirst-quencher. This Paleo Mojito Mocktail highlights this classic summer fruit perfectly, and the combination with lime juice and sparkling water adds an extra refreshing ‘zing’ that your tastebuds are sure to love.
This mojito pairs really well with my Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa for a delicious summer meal!
Here are the main ingredients in this amazing mojito mocktail:
- watermelon – I recommend seedless watermelon in this recipe. You can definitely use watermelon with seeds, but you might want to strain the mixture after blending if you choose to do so – depending on how good your blender is! Pro tip: chill your watermelon before slicing and blending
- lime – you want to ensure you use freshly squeezed lime juice in this recipe. I have also made this with lemon juice and it works too!
- sea salt – this complements the watermelon really well – I highly recommend it
- sparkling water – use your favorite brand of carbonated water or make your own seltzer with a sparkling water maker
- fresh mint leaves – for that signature mojito flavor
How do I make this summer mojito mocktail in advance?
This drink is best served immediately so the sparkling water stays bubbly. If you’d like to prepare ahead of time I would recommend blending the watermelon with lime juice and salt, then refrigerating. Finally, add the freshly muddled mint and sparkling water when ready to serve.
Do I need the mint?
I wouldn’t recommend omitting the mint as it perfectly complements this flavor profile. You could try using fresh basil for a different flavor.
Can I substitute the watermelon with another fruit?
I highly recommend using watermelon in this recipe as it is so refreshing on a hot summer day. If you’d like your mojito mocktail to be a bit sweeter you could try using fresh or frozen strawberries for an equally delicious and refreshing summer drink.
Looking for more refreshing AIP summer treats? Try:
- Strawberry Basil Ice Cream
- Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Peach Smoothie
- Blueberry Swirl Ice Cream
- Paleo Wild Blueberry Beet Smoothie
If you try this Paleo Watermelon Mojito Mocktail, I would appreciate it if you would give it a star rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.Print