This no-churn AIP Strawberry Basil Ice Cream is heavenly! Made with coconut milk, fresh basil and frozen strawberries, it’s creamy, vegan and only requires a blender to make.
Growing up in Trinidad, we had ice cream all year round and this is a tradition I have yet to break since I’ve moved back to North America. It appears that winter doesn’t stop me from craving ice cream 🙂 I support all decisions to have ice cream at any time, anywhere.
This AIP Strawberry Basil Ice Cream is so quick and easy, super delicious and doesn’t require an ice cream machine! I like to keep frozen ice cubes of coconut milk on hand so that I really can make this anytime.
Here are the main ingredients for this Strawberry Basil Ice Cream:
- Full fat coconut Milk – simply pour your full fat, additive free coconut milk into your ice cube tray and freeze until solid. I recommend coconut milk in a can for the optimal texture.
- Frozen Strawberries – fresh won’t work here!
- Fresh Basil – if you want just plain strawberry ice cream, simply omit the basil simple syrup and use only maple syrup as discussed in the recipe below
- Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
AIP Strawberry Basil Ice Cream FAQs
Can I omit the basil?
Yes! Feel free to make this into regular strawberry ice cream by omitting the basil simple syrup and using maple syrup alone as the sweetener.
Does this freeze well?
Once solid, coconut ice cream gets very hard. I do freeze leftovers, but let it defrost on the counter well in advance of serving. It will be creamiest within 2-3 days of being made.
Can I make this with different berries?
I haven’t tried myself but think the flavour of blueberries would compliment the basil really nicely. You’ll have to play around with the measurements though to ensure the consistency remains thick.
Looking for more vegan and AIP ice cream recipes? Try:
If you tried this Strawberry Basil Ice Cream I would love it if you would give it a rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.Print
This no-churn AIP Strawberry Basil Ice Cream is heavenly! Made with coconut milk, fresh basil, maple syrup and frozen strawberries, it’s also vegan and only requires a blender to make.
- 2 cups coconut milk ice cubes (about 12 ice cubes)
- 1.5 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup full fat, additive free coconut milk
- 1/4 cup basil simple syrup OR 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Basil Simple Syrup
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Basil Simple Syrup
- Place chopped fresh basil and water in a small saucepan and boil on medium heat approximately 8-10 minutes or until water reduces by half.
- Strain basil and add maple syrup.
Strawberry Basil Ice Cream
- To a high powered blender add coconut milk ice cubes and frozen strawberries. Blend until the ice cubes break down and the mixture resembles granita, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Next, add coconut milk, vanilla, basil simple syrup or maple syrup and pinch of salt. Blend until combined, scraping down sides as necessary. Mixture should be thick and resemble the texture of soft serve.
- Serve as is or place in freezer for 30 minutes until the ice cream has frozen further.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Fat: 25g
- Protein: 4.3g
Keywords: strawberry, strawberry basil, ice cream, aip, paleo, vegan, dairy-free, dessert