This post contains affiliate links.
These Pumpkin Spice Cake Donuts are soft, moist and chewy. They’re baked instead of fried and topped with a delicious maple-coconut glaze. They’re AIP, paleo and vegan!
These AIP/paleo and vegan pumpkin spice cake donuts are a cross between pumpkin bread and cake in the shape of a donut. They’re soft, moist, a little chewy and absolutely delicious served warm with some tea. The maple-coconut glaze is totally optional but really adds a little something special.
Here are the main ingredients in these Pumpkin Spice Cake donuts:
- Cassava flour and coconut flour – I wouldn’t recommend substitutions to this combination
- Cinnamon, ginger and cloves – the ultimate AIP-approved spice mix.
- Maple syrup + coconut sugar – I’ve tested these with just syrup and just coconut sugar and the results weren’t the same. The combination of both really creates the optimal texture for these donuts.
- Additive free, full fat coconut milk – this is a must in these donuts for the texture.
- Pumpkin puree – I used canned pumpkin puree in this recipe.
- For the coconut-maple glaze you’ll need coconut butter, full fat coconut milk, maple syrup and pure vanilla extract.
Pumpkin Donut FAQs
I don’t have a donut pan, can I still make these?
I recommend this donut pan. You can also roll these into donut holes and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Check the donut holes around the 10 minute mark to ensure they don’t dry out.
Can I substitute cassava or coconut flour?
I haven’t tried other flour combinations in this recipe so can’t recommend anything else with the same results.
How do I store these donuts?
These pumpkin spice cake donuts are best served fresh. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days and reheat before serving.
Looking for more AIP Fall treats? Check out:
You might enjoy these other AIP and paleo donuts:
- Baked Chocolate Donuts with Raspberries
- Lemon-Glazed Blueberry Donuts
- Fluffy Grain-free Mini Donuts
- Salted Caramel Cinnamon Donuts
If you loved these Pumpkin Spice Cake Donuts I would appreciate it if you would give it a rating and review. Be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.Print