This delicious paleo and AIP Banana Bread is free of gluten, eggs, grains, dairy and added sugar. Made with green banana and coconut flour, it’s nutrient dense and the perfect treat.
This post contains affiliate links.
Banana Bread – the epitome of comfort food.
If you’re like me and get impatient waiting on banana bread to bake, you’re in luck! This AIP Banana Bread bakes in under 30 minutes due to the high absorbency rates of the flours. Along with coconut flour, this recipe uses green banana flour. If you’re unfamiliar with this flour, it doesn’t taste like bananas but provides all its benefits. That means, it’s rich in resistant starch, magnesium, fibre and vitamin E!
- If you’re using a standard loaf pan, you’ll find that this banana bread doesn’t rise very much. If you’re looking for that height, then I’d recommend baking this in a mini loaf pan.
- The sweetener in this recipe comes entirely from the bananas, so it’s important to use really ripe bananas, or you might find it isn’t sweet enough.
- Green banana flour tends to have a drier texture, so be careful not to over-bake. I recommend beginning to test with a toothpick at the 25 minute mark for a mini loaf pan, and from 30 minutes for a standard loaf pan.
FAQs for this AIP Banana Bread
How do I store this bread?
I recommend storing in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days and reheating before serving.
Can I substitute any flours?
I have not tested with other flours so cannot guarantee results if you make any substitutions to the flours listed here.
If you tried this AIP Banana Bread recipe, I would appreciate it if you would give it a star rating and short review. Don’t forget to snap a picture of the finished product! You can share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.
Looking for more AIP Banana recipes? Try these:
- Banana Spice Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread
- Nut-free, Vegan, AIP Banana Pancakes
- Grain-free Baked Oatmeal
You might also enjoy these other grain-free, AIP/paleo baked goodies:
- Gluten-free Lemon Raspberry Bread
- AIP Gingerbread Squares
- Grain-free Cinnamon Rolls
- Nut-free, AIP/Paleo Fruitcake
- Vegan Pumpkin Scones