This Gluten-free Lemon Raspberry Bread is soft, moist and fluffy. Free of grains, dairy, eggs, nuts and refined sugar, it’s allergy friendly and perfect with breakfast or as a dessert.
Citrus and berries are a match made in heaven. This easy AIP/Paleo Lemon Raspberry Loaf is no exception! First, the blend of grain-free flours creates a soft, melt-in-your-mouth crumb. The subtle sweetness from the banana is the perfect complement to the juicy berries and the naturally-sweet tigernut flour. Finally, the freshly squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest add a bright and tangy balance to this recipe.
This simple and delicious lemon raspberry quick bread was inspired by my lemon blueberry banana bread. In addition to the obvious change of the blueberries for the raspberries, I wanted to make it a lot more lemony. The lemon zest adds the perfect citrusy zesty tang to this recipe! I also wanted this bread to be a bit sweeter and more cake-like so that it could function as both a breakfast accompaniment and a healthy dessert, hence the touch of maple syrup.
Raspberry Lemon Loaf highlights:
- Gluten free, grain-free and nut-free – not only is this lemon raspberry loaf cake grain free and gluten free but it’s made without nuts using a combination of tigernut and cassava flour
- Lightly sweetened – this recipe relies predominantly on fruits (raspberries and banana) to create its sweet taste with just a couple tablespoons of maple syrup
- Egg-free and Dairy-free – this recipe is dairy-free and uses a gelatin egg to bind the ingredients.
HERE ARE THE KEY ITEMS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS Grain-free Lemon and Raspberry Loaf Cake:
- Coconut Butter – In this recipe, coconut butter helps to bind the ingredients and create a soft crumb.
- Palm Shortening – palm shortening offers this bread moisture and a great cake-like texture. I wouldn’t recommend subbing with coconut oil.
- Tigernut and Cassava Flour – I’ve found tigernut flour and cassava flour to be the best combination of flours in this bread and don’t recommend any substitutions.
- Raspberries – I used frozen raspberries here, but fresh work just as well!
- Banana – You’ll need one very ripe banana for this recipe which acts as the natural sweetener
- Lemon Juice & Lemon zest – You’ll want to use freshly squeezed lemon juice, and the zest of one lemon in this recipe for that delicious lemony zing
- Coconut Milk – I recommend full fat, additive free coconut milk.
- Gelatin – this is used to make a gelatin “egg” to bind the ingredients and is key to holding it altogether.
Lemon Raspberry Loaf FAQs
CAN I MAKE ANY FLOUR SUBSTITUTIONS?
I have found this recipe to work best using tigernut and cassava flour. The tigernut flour not only creates a great texture but has a natural sweetness that really lends itself well to this loaf. I’ve tried coconut flour in place of tigernut but the results aren’t nearly as good and would recommend sticking to the suggested ingredients. Looking for more info on grain-free and AIP flour combinations? Check out my Grain-free Baking Guide.
HOW DO I STORE THIS BREAD?
Store in a sealed container on the countertop for a day or in the fridge for up to 5 days. I suggest reheating before serving! This loaf can also be sliced and then frozen and stored in a sealed container.
CAN I REPLACE THE SHORTENING?
The shortening in this recipe is used to create the fluffy texture. Unfortunately no oil performs the same here and I wouldn’t recommend any substitutions.
Can this I make this loaf cake vegan?
I haven’t tried myself but you could try a flax egg or regular egg in place of the gelatin egg if you eat any of these AIP reintroductions.
Can I add a glaze to this raspberry lemon loaf cake?
A drizzle of melted coconut butter would be a lovely simple glaze on this cake. Looking for more AIP/paleo/dairy-free icing recipes? Check out my How to make AIP frosting blog post.
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS Raspberry Loaf YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Paleo Lemon Olive Oil Cupcakes
- Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread
- Gluten-free Vegan Lemon Bars
- Lemon-Glazed Blueberry Donuts
- Mixed Berry Galettes
- Baked Chocolate Donuts with Raspberries
If you try this Gluten-free Lemon Raspberry Bread, I would love it if you would give it a star rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.Print