This Cranberry Apple Mocktail (AIP/Paleo) is the perfect, refreshing holiday mocktail. Made with unsweetened cranberry and apple juice and sparkling water and garnished with fresh cranberries and smoked rosemary, it’s equal parts pretty and delicious.
Don’t want to miss out on the holiday cocktails but avoiding alcohol this (or any) season? Try this delicious Cranberry Apple Mocktail (AIP/Paleo). It’s light and refreshing and requires very little time and ingredients.
Here’s what you need for this Refreshing Paleo Mocktail:
- unsweetened cranberry juice and unsweetened apple juice – on it’s own cranberry juice is extremely tart. apple juice helps balance the tartness in this mocktail while retaining the vibrant red color. To keep this mocktail AIP compliant you’ll want to ensure that the juices have no added sweetener.
- sparkling water – for a little bubbly and fun!
- fresh cranberries – these are used to garnish the drink and are totally optional. I just thread a few onto a toothpick and add them to the finished drink
- fresh rosemary – I like to smoke a bit of fresh rosemary to amp up the fun here, but this is also optional. To be honest, it’s more about the aesthetic than the taste!
How to Make the Perfect Cranberry Apple Mocktail (AIP/paleo)
- Begin by preparing your cranberry garnish by placing three-four cranberries onto a toothpick or cocktail stick and set aside.
- Fill glasses with crushed ice.
- In a large jar combine cranberry juice, apple juice and sparkling water and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared glasses and garnish with cranberry-laden toothpick/cocktail stick and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- If desired, light the end of the sprigs of rosemary with a match or a lighter until they begin to smoke and turn to ash.
- Serve immediately!
Do I need to smoke the rosemary?
Nope. Fresh rosemary on its own is an easier route and just as pretty a garnish. That said, smoking the rosemary only takes a few seconds. The difference in flavor is very minimal, but the smoky flavor adds a nice little something extra.
Can I make a large batch of this mocktail?
To make ahead or in one big batch I’d recommend adding the cranberry juice, apple juice and a handful of fresh cranberries to a large punchbowl. Smoke a few sprigs of rosemary and add them to the bowl. When ready to serve, add bubbly water.
Can I make this drink ahead of time?
You can use the method above or, to prepare individual portions I would prepare the cranberries on your cocktail picks and combine cranberry juice and apple juice in a large jar. When ready to serve, add a splash of sparkling water to each glass, garnish with rosemary and smoke it, if desired.
Looking for other festive AIP/Paleo drinks? You might enjoy:
If you loved this Cranberry Apple Mocktail (AIP, Paleo) recipe I would appreciate it if you would give it a star rating and short review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram or Facebook by tagging me @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.Print