These matcha ice cream sandwiches are the bomb.com. They’re AIP, paleo, vegan, perfectly sweet and made with an easy, no-churn matcha ice cream recipe and crispy vanilla cookies.
Back at it again with the ice cream! I’m holding on to every last bit of summer and all the summer recipes, can you tell?
These AIP matcha ice cream sandwiches are vegan, creamy, perfectly sweet and delicious. I loveee matcha ice cream so felt it was only fair I shared what I’ve been enjoying in my kitchen for the past few months. These sandwiches aren’t difficult to make but they do take some time because it’s a multistep process.
Begin by making the matcha ice cream in your blender. Next, let it firm up in the freezer while you bake and cool your cookies. Finally, assemble the sandwiches and enjoy! I also love eating these cookies crumbled into the ice cream rather than as an ice cream sandwich 🙂 Food for thought!
Here are the main ingredients for this, no-churn matcha ice cream:
- matcha powder
- full fat, additive free coconut milk & coconut milk ice cubes (simply pour your coconut milk into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid)
- frozen avocado
- maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
For the “sugar” cookies:
- coconut oil (liquid/melted)
- maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- cassava flour & tapioca starch
Matcha Ice Cream Sandwich FAQs and Tips
I used less maple syrup in the ice cream knowing that I was pairing them with these sweet cookies. If you’re making the ice cream on its own, feel free to add a bit more maple syrup to the ice cream.
You want to ensure you’re using full fat, additive free coconut milk in this ice cream recipe for the creamiest result and best texture!
How long can I keep these in the freezer?
Once solid, coconut milk based ice cream gets very hard. You can freeze leftovers, but let it defrost on the counter 5 minutes ahead of serving. These will be best within a week of being made.
My cookies are crumbling when making the sandwiches…
These cookies are incredibly fragile/crumbly right out of the oven. As I recommend, it’s important to let them cool completely before handling. You also want to make sure that your ice-cream is a spreadable consistency before assembling your cookies. If the ice cream is too hard it will make the cookies crumble and break apart when trying to assemble.
Looking for more vegan and AIP ice cream recipes? Try my
If you tried these easy Matcha Ice Cream Sandwiches I would love it if you would give them a rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.Print
These matcha ice cream sandwiches are the bomb.com. They’re AIP, paleo, vegan, perfectly sweet and made with an easy, no-churn matcha ice cream and crispy vanilla cookies.
No-churn Matcha Ice Cream
- 2 cups full fat, additive free coconut milk ice cubes
- 1 cup frozen avocado pieces
- 1/4 cup full fat, additive free coconut milk
- 1 TBSP matcha powder
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP cassava flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid/melted
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Matcha Ice Cream
- To a high powered blender add coconut milk ice cubes and frozen avocado. Blend until the ice cubes break down and the mixture resembles granita, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Next, add coconut milk, matcha, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Blend until combined, scraping down sides as necessary. Mixture should be thick and resemble the texture of soft serve.
- Transfer to bowl and place in freezer for 30-40 minutes until the ice cream has frozen further and is a firmer, but still spreadable consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine cassava flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and sea salt. Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix to combine.
- Using your hands, roll the batter into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten each cookie with your hand to an even thickness about 1/4- inch thick.*
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to turn slightly golden in colour.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before handling or they will crumble.
- Remove matcha ice cream from freezer to soften for 5 minutes if necessary. Dollop ice cream evenly between half your cookies and spread into an even layer using a knife or offset spatula.
- Place remaining cookies on top ice cream to make sandwiches. Enjoy immediately or wrap each ice cream sandwich in beeswax wraps or plastic wraps and freeze.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: matcha ice cream, ice cream sandwich, vegan ice cream, aip, paleo