These Easy Vegan Gluten-Free Biscuits are soft, light, tender and fluffy, and the most delightful AIP/paleo, grain-free and dairy-free drop biscuits! Ready in under 30 minutes, they’re a quick and delicious dinner side to enjoy for the Holidays or anytime!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill cassava flour
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 2 tsps cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup freshly carbonated water
- 2 TBSP finely chopped chives or herbs of choice (optional, but recommended)
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine cassava flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and sea salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut yogurt, full fat coconut milk, and maple syrup.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add in the coconut milk mixture.
- Finally, gently fold in the apple cider vinegar, freshly carbonated water and finely chopped herbs. Batter should be extremely light and fluffy. DO NOT OVERMIX or you will change the texture of the batter and thus the biscuits.*
- Let batter sit and rest for 2-3 minutes to continue to absorb liquid.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to mound the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing biscuits at least 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle the top of each biscuit with flaky salt (if desired).
- Bake in middle rack of oven for 13 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack using a spatula and allow to cool 10-15 minutes further. They will “set” in this time, so resist the urge to break into them before then so the texture will be nice and fluffy.
* Refer to the video to see the texture of the batter before baking.
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Breads/Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: drop biscuits, vegan drop biscuits, gluten-free drop biscuits, grain-free baking, aip, paleo, dairy-free, breads, quick breads, sides, holiday sides, thanksgiving sides, christmas sides, egg-free, nut-free, vegan herb biscuits, gluten-free baking, top 8 free, allergy-friendly, vegan biscuits, dairy-free biscuits, aip biscuits, paleo biscuits, easy bread, easy biscuits, easy recipe, side dish, vegan side dish