This Creamy Turkey & Kale Soup is a wonderful, quick, one-pot meal that is simple, delicious and so comforting. It’s AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups acorn squash, peel and chopped into cubes
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup additive free, full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups chopped curly kale
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes stirring frequently (until onions are translucent)
- Add ground turkey and sea salt, thyme, green onions, basil and oregano. Sauté for 3 -5 minutes allowing the meat to brown and mix with the seasoning.
- Add acorn squash, broth, coconut milk and water. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes to allow squash to soften.
- Add kale and stir to wilt, another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Soups
Keywords: aip, paleo, whole30, turkey soup, kale, fall recipes, quick meals, one-pot meals