These Savory Sweet Potato, Bacon and Chive Muffins are the ultimate comfort food. They’re perfect as a quick breakfast, or with a hearty soup for lunch/dinner and are AIP, paleo and coconut-free!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup + 3 TBSP sweet potato puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 gelatin egg (1 TBSP apple cider vinegar, 1 TBSP gelatin, 2 TBSP hot water)
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine olive oil, sweet potato puree and applesauce.
- In a large bowl, combine cassava flour, tigernut flour, tapioca starch, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt and baking soda.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Make gelatin egg by combining apple cider vinegar, gelatin and hot water. Use a fork to whisk until gelatin is fully combined and mixture is frothy.
- Fold gelatin egg into the batter followed by chopped cooked bacon and chives.*
- Fill 8-9 lined muffin cups with batter and bake in middle rack of oven for 25 minutes.
* Ensure bacon is fully cooked and crispy so that it doesn’t continue to release excess fat/oil into the muffins as they bake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Muffins
Keywords: sweet potato, muffins, bacon, chive, savory muffins, aip, paleo, coconut free