These Sweet Baked Plantains with Bacon are the perfect bite-sized appetizers! They’re AIP, Paleo and gluten-free and definite crowd-pleasers.
- 1 (12oz) pack bacon
- 2 large, ripe plantains
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 425F
- Cut two ripe plantains in rounds about ½-inch thick
- Slice bacon strips in half.
- Wrap bacon strips around each plantain round and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on lower rack of oven.
- Serve with toothpicks, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Caribbean
Keywords: aip appetizer, aip snack, paleo, gluten-free, sweet baked plantain, plantain, bacon appetizer