These hearty Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a delicious, easy and filling meal that’s AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant and completely versatile!
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 TBSP red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- one lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes and pat dry. Use a fork to prick holes several times throughout each of the potatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt over the sweet potatoes and massage in using your hands.
- Place potatoes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until fork tender*
- Remove from the oven and make a slit lengthwise across the top of each sweet potato and fluff the insides with a fork before stuffing.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked chopped bacon, shredded cabbage, chopped cilantro, olive oil, finely diced red onion and salt.
- Once potatoes have been sliced and fluffed, add filling, top with diced avocado, a fresh squeeze of lime juice on each potato and additional salt if necessary.
*Time may vary depending on the size of your sweet potatoes so I recommend checking from about 40 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Mains
Keywords: aip, paleo, whole30, sweet potatoes, stuffed sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, sweet potato boats, bacon, cabbage, avocado