This Easy AIP/Paleo Pasta Salad is light, fresh and the perfect summer side! It combines crunchy, herby vegetables with grain-free pasta and a tangy homemade vinaigrette. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and so delicious.
- 8 oz AIP or paleo pasta
- 4 stems of green onions
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 cups cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups spinach or any other type of leafy green, roughly chopped
- pickled red onions for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Boil pasta according to instructions, drain, run under cold water* and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil to prevent it from sticking together. Set pasta aside.
- In a large bowl combine chopped cucumber, olives, sea salt, oregano, basil and thyme.
- Drizzle green onions in 1 TBSP of olive oil and a pinch of salt and massage in.
- Heat grill to medium heat and grill green onions until lightly charred on each side. Allow to cool slightly and then chop into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Add pasta, chopped green onions and spinach into the bowl with cucumber and olives and toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together using a fork until the mixture is emulsified.
- Dress the salad at least 10 minutes before serving and adjust salt to desired taste.
- Garnish with pickled red onions if desired, for a bright pop of color.
*Rinse under cold water to ensure the pasta is not overcooked and help prevent it from sticking together.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Assembled
- Cuisine: American/Mediterranean inspired
Keywords: paleo pasta salad, paleo pasta, vegan pasta salad, grain-free pasta salad, dairy-free pasta salad, gluten free pasta salad, vegetable pasta salad, quick meal, easy meal, summer side dish, summer sides, allergy friendly pasta salad, no-mayo pasta salad, grain-free pasta, aip pasta, summer salad, bbq sides, cookout sides