This Easy One-pan Roasted Chicken with Spring Vegetables dish is a crowd pleaser. Juicy chicken thighs are slow roasted alongside fresh asparagus and fennel for an easy and delicious meal that is AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin-on
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 TBSP lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb asparagus spears, chopped into thirds*
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced into 1-inch thick slices*
- Preheat oven to 375F
- To a small bowl, add crushed garlic, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, olive oil and sea salt and whisk to combine.
- Add chopped asparagus to a bowl. Drizzle with 1/4 of the marinade and set aside.
- To a separate bowl, add chicken thighs and sliced fennel. Drizzle with remaining 3/4 of the marinade and massage into thighs and fennel.
- Transfer chicken and fennel to a baking dish or sheet pan and bake 50 minutes in the middle rack of your oven.
- At the 50 minute mark, add marinated asparagus to the baking dish or sheet pan and cook 10 minutes further or until chicken skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with fennel fronds and serve warm.
* Chop woody ends off asparagus and then slice spears into half or thirds.
** Cut the stalks and fronds off the fennel bulb and reserve fronds for garnishing. Then cut the bulb into quarters and then into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Mains
- Method: Oven Roasted
Keywords: aip, paleo, whole30, roasted chicken, baked chicken, one-pan meal, spring veggies, asparagus, fennel, spring recipes, chicken dinner