In this delightful AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant dish, haddock is baked in a creamy and herbaceous sweet potato sauce over a bed of red onions and asparagus. You can’t beat this easy, delicious and oh so comforting one-pan meal!
Sweet Potato Cream Sauce
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 4 cloves garlic, minced/crushed
- 1 TBSP fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (plus more for garnishing)
- 1/2 cup full fat, additive free coconut milk
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Vegetables & Fish
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1.5 cups chopped asparagus (or any veggie of choice – sliced zucchini is great here too!)
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1lb haddock fillets
- sea salt (for seasoning fish)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Finely slice the red onion and vegetables of your choosing. Place in an even layer into a large baking dish about 9 x 13 inches and toss with 1 TBSP olive oil.
- Next, wash and pat your fillets dry, seasoning each side with sea salt. Place pieces of seasoned fish on top the vegetables in an even layer.
- To make the sweet potato cream sauce, crush your garlic cloves and finely dice basil and cilantro. Add garlic and herbs to a large bowl along with the pureed sweet potato, full fat, additive free coconut milk, lime juice, olive oil and salt and set aside. Pour the sweet potato cream sauce onto the fish and veggies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: sweet potato, baked haddock, white fish in cream sauce, aip, paleo, whole30, baked haddock in sweet potato