This Easy AIP Sweet Potato Hash with Bacon and Kale is the best one-pot breakfast. It’s savory and sweet, great for meal prepping, paleo, dairy-free, egg-free, Whole30 compliant and so satiating!
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 large Japanese sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 TBSP cilantro, chopped
- 2 TBSP parsley, chopped
- 2 TBSP green onions or chives, sliced
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups kale (or other leafy green), chopped
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped bacon and cook until bacon is crispy. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon.
- Add diced sweet potatoes to skillet in an even layer and allow to cook in the bacon fat for 12-15 minutes, stirring infrequently*
- Remove potatoes using a slotted spoon and add in sliced mushrooms and a splash of water. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Return bacon and sweet potatoes to pan and add parsley, cilantro and chives and salt. Stir to combine
- Add kale in in 2-3 batches, stirring to wilt/combine between each addition.
- Taste and adjust for salt as necessary.
- Serve warm as is or with sliced avocado
* You want the potatoes to caramelize, so avoid over stirring!