These zucchini carrot muffins are divine! They are super moist, light and fluffy, and perfectly spiced with no added sugar. They’re AIP and paleo (can be made vegan) and are an amazing breakfast!
- 1 ripe plantain
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid/melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup green banana flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP protein powder or bone broth powder*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease or line 9 muffin tins with baking cups.
- Peel and chop ripe plantain into 1/2 inch pieces (doesn’t need to be too precise, just so that it blends easily).
- To a high powered blender or Vitamix, add coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla extract and plantain pieces and puree until as smooth as possible (you don’t want any big chunks in there).
- In a large bowl, combine green banana flour, coconut flour, protein powder or bone broth powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in plantain mixture from blender.
- Next, mix in grated carrots and zucchini to the batter.
- Finally, gently fold in apple cider vinegar.
- Distribute evenly among 9 muffin tins.
- Bake in middle rack of oven for 22-25 minutes.
* For a vegan/vegetarian option you can sub with 1 TBSP of green banana flour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 1278
- Sugar: 40.9g
- Sodium: 2073mg
- Fat: 76.6g
- Protein: 16.3g
Keywords: zucchini muffins, zucchini carrot muffins, aip, paleo, breakfast