These Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes are soft, thick, fluffy and delicious! They’re paleo, egg-free and nut-free, and made with pumpkin pie spices for a warm and comforting Fall breakfast.
- 2 TBSP flaxseed meal
- 6 TBSP water
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour
- 1 TBSP cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar
- 2 cups full fat, additive free coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 TBSP olive or avocado oil (plus more for cooking pancakes)
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- In a small bowl combine flaxseed meal and water and set aside to congeal into an “egg.”
- In a large bowl, combine cassava flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, sea salt and coconut sugar. Make a well in the centre of the bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine full fat coconut milk, pumpkin puree and oil and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. DON’T OVERMIX.*
- Gently fold in flax egg, being careful not to over-manipulate the batter.*
- Finally, gently fold in the apple cider vinegar, once again, being careful not to overmix. Batter should be very light and fluffy. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat stove to low-medium and add avocado/olive oil as desired.
- Once batter has rested and skillet is hot, scoop out approximately 1/3 cup batter and place into pan. Don’t over-manipulate it or flatten it out too much. Pancakes should be about 3-3.5 inches wide.
- Cook 2ish minutes per side.
- Serve warm with toppings of your choice.
*Do not overmix or over-manipulate the batter at any point as it will result in gummy-textured pancakes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin spice pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, vegan paleo pumpkin spice pancakes, grain-free pancakes, paleo pancakes, vegan pancakes, dairy-free pancakes, cassava flour pancakes, pumpkin spice, gluten-free pancakes, vegan pancakes, nut-free, egg-free pancakes, fall breakfast, paleo breakfast, autumn breakfast, healthy breakfast