These grain free Sweet Potato Tortillas are soft, foldable and delicious and perfect for making wraps or tacos or as a bread substitute. They’re AIP, paleo and vegan.
- 1.5 cups cassava flour
- 3 TBSP tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- handful of chopped chives or cilantro (optional)
- To a large bowl add cassava flour, tapioca starch, olive oil, sweet potato puree, garlic powder, sea salt and chives and stir until the ingredients clump together.
- Use your hands to combine dough into a ball. If the dough is crumbling, add 1 TBSP water until it comes together and is pliable.
- Cut the dough into eight even pieces and roll each piece into a smaller ball of dough.
- Place the first ball of dough between two pieces of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll out to 1/8 inch thick ~ 5.5 inches in diameter.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat for 2 mins.
- Once the pan is very hot, carefully peel the top sheet of parchment paper off the tortilla. In one swift motion, carefully flip the tortilla off the bottom sheet of parchment paper into the palm of your hand and then directly into the hot skillet*
- Cook 20-25 seconds per side.
- Continue with remaining balls of dough.
* You will be rolling out and cooking one tortilla at a time. Once you roll the tortilla out between two pieces of parchment paper, pick it up, remove the top sheet of parchment paper and then flip the tortilla off the bottom piece of parchment paper into the palm of your hand and then into the hot skillet. I do not recommend using any tools like spatulas for this as the dough is too fragile and will stick and break apart.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breads
Keywords: aip, paleo, vegan, sweet potato tortillas, aip tortillas, bread, wraps