This gnocchi recipe is made using just three ingredients for a simple and delicious treat that is AIP, paleo, vegan and so comforting!
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potato puree, cassava flour, and salt.
- Add water and mix using your hands until the dough comes together and is soft and pliable. *
- Once fully combined, knead dough with hands 1-2 minutes and then roll the dough into a ball.
- Using a pastry cutter or large knife, cut ball of dough into about 4-6 pieces. On a clean dry surface (like your countertop), roll each piece of dough into a rope that’s about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut pieces of gnocchi into 3/4 – 1 inch long pieces and repeat with remaining chunks of dough.
- Using a gnocchi board or fork, press grooves into each piece of gnocchi (optional).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Working in two batches, place half your gnocchi in pot and cook approximately 45-60 seconds or until gnocchi floats to the top. Remove with slotted spoon and lay out on a large plate so they don’t stick together.
- Either serve warm with desired sauce, or pan sear before adding sauce.**
* While you don’t want a sticky dough, a little tacky is okay and actually helpful for rolling it out.
** If you plan to pan sear your gnocchi, I recommending placing them on plate in the fridge for a couple minutes after boiling them so that they aren’t sticky before adding to a fry pan with a bit of olive oil to toast them.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Sides
Keywords: AIP, gnocchi, sweet potato gnocchi, vegan, paleo, grain-free, AIP pasta