This bright and easy Melon & Prosciutto salad combines sweet summer cantaloupe with salty prosciutto, peppery arugula, fresh basil and creamy coconut yogurt for a dish that’s sure to please. It’s AIP, paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 small ripe cantaloupe
- 4–5 oz AIP compliant prosciutto
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup full fat, unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (flaky Maldon salt, Himalayan salt or sea salt)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- Cut the cantaloupe in half lengthwise from the stem to the base. Remove seeds using a spoon.
- Cut one half of the melon into slices. Then, use a pairing knife to remove the green rind from each slice. Use melon baller to create melon balls out of the other half of the cantaloupe.*
- Wrap one slice of prosciutto around the middle of each slice of melon.
- On a large serving platter, lay down the arugula.
- Arrange prosciutto-wrapped cantaloupe slices, balled melon and any remaining pieces of prosciutto on top the bed of arugula.
- Dollop the thick coconut yogurt onto the salad.
- Just before serving, drizzle with olive oil and salt and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
* Don’t have a melon baller? Simply slice the entire melon, and cut half into cubes/chunks for some diversity in shape/texture in the salad.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salads
Keywords: aip, paleo, whole30, cantaloupe, summer, summer salad, prosciutto, appetizer