This Sheet Pan Chicken with Fennel and Olives is a one-pan Fall dinner delight! It’s AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant, comes together in under 45 minutes and is full of rich and cozy flavors.
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 lb Japanese sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 large bulb fennel, sliced*
- 1 pear (any variety), cubed
- 3/4 cup pitted olives (any variety, ensure they’re AIP compliant)
- Heat oven to 400F
- In a small bowl combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and thyme.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with 1/4 of the marinade and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes to give them a head start.
- While the sweet potatoes bake, place the sliced chicken breasts into a bowl with fennel, pear and olives and cover with remaining 3/4 of the marinade.
- After 10 minutes, add the chicken and vegetables to the pan(s) with the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes further, until chicken is cooked and everything has browned.
*Cut the stalks and fronds off the fennel bulb and reserve fronds for garnishing, if desired. Once stalks are removed, cut the bulb into quarters and then into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Mains
Keywords: sheet pan, one pot meals, quick meals, aip, paleo, whole30, quick weeknight meals, chicken dinner, fall recipes