This Sautéed Veggies with Pears & Chives dish is quick, easy and packs the most wonderful flavorful punch. This recipe is AIP, paleo, vegan, Whole30 and coconut-free.
- 1 ripe pear, chopped (Bartlett or Bosc variety)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chives
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP olive oil (divided)
- 1.5 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups red or green cabbage, sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- To a food processor, add chopped pear, garlic, chives, garlic, sea salt and 1/4 cup olive oil and pulse to combine.
- Heat a large skillet or cast iron pot with remaining olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in veggies in order of size and firmness, sautéing 30 – 45 seconds between additions *
- Cover veggies with pear and chive sauce and stir to combine. Turn heat up to medium-high and sauté an additional 3-6 minutes or until veggies are cooked to your liking.
- Taste for salt and adjust as necessary.
- Serve immediately.
* This is to ensure you’re cooking the firmest veggies the longest. In this recipe, I added the cauliflower, followed by the carrots, broccoli, cabbage and mushrooms.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sides
Keywords: sauteed vegetables, vegetable saute, stir fry, pear, chives, garlic, aip, paleo, vegan, whole30, coconut-free