This post contains affiliate links.
This delicious Sautéed Kale Salad with Grapes is the perfect Fall Salad. It’s AIP, paleo, vegan and Whole30 compliant with sweet and savory notes and a variety of textures.
This salad features all of my favorite qualities – something sweet (grapes), something crunchy (carrots), and something warm (kale and mushrooms). The delicious dressing made with lemon and tigernut flour is the perfect complimentary creamy and tangy component.
I love using coronation grapes in this recipe because they are my favorite grapes that are both sweet and tart, and the perfect size so I keep them whole. You can use another variety of seedless grapes (black or red work well) and you can slice them in half if you wish.
Here are the main ingredients in this Sautéed Kale Salad and dressing:
- seedless grapes (red, black or coronation variety)
- green or purple curly kale
- red onion
- olive oil, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar
- tigernut flour
- garlic powder
Here’s how you make this salad:
Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil in a large skillet. Add kale in batches, stirring to combine with oil and allowing to wilt a bit before each subsequent addition and season to taste with salt. Remove from heat and transfer to a salad bowl. Add in sliced carrots and grapes. This dressing comes together easily by mixing the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and tigernut flour and slowing adding the olive oil until an emulsion forms.
Can I make this salad with another green?
Spinach would work really well in this salad, as would another leafy green such as swiss chard.
Can I substitute the tigernut flour?
Yes, as I note below, you can substitute the tigernut flour with maple syrup for a non-Whole30 option.
What should I serve this with?
Can’t find coronation grapes?
Sub with red or black seedless grapes, raisins or chopped dates.
Here are some other warm AIP salads/ satueed greens that you might enjoy:
- Roasted Delicata Squash Kale Salad
- Charred Cabbage and Broccolette Salad
- Swiss Chard Gratin
- Swiss Chard with Apples
Sautéed Kale Salad with Grapes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
- Category: Salads
Sautéed Kale Salad
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cups curly kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 carrots, sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup seedless grapes (red, black or coronation variety) sliced if desired
Lemon Tigernut Dressing
- 3 TBSP lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tigernut flour (or sub with 1 TBSP maple syrup)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat on medium heat.
- Add sliced onion and saute 3-4 minutes until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add kale in 3-4 batches, stirring to combine with oil and allowing to wilt a bit before each subsequent addition.
- Once all the kale has been added, add salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and add to a large salad bowl and top with sliced carrots and grapes.
- To make dressing, combine lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, tigernut flour (or maple syrup), garlic powder and sea salt in a bowl or jar. Whisk in olive oil to combine into an emulsion.
- Combine dressing and salad and add additional sea salt to taste.
Keywords: kale salad, sauteed kale salad, carrots, grapes, mushrooms, onions, aip, paleo, vegan, whole30
If you loved this Sautéed Kale Salad with Grapes I would appreciate it if you would give it a rating and review. Be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.