This Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad is a beautiful, vibrant and deliciously festive winter salad that is AIP, paleo, Whole30 and vegan.
- 1 5oz package Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach & Baby Arugula
- 2 large ruby red grapefruits, segmented (reserve juice)
- 5 medium red beets, roasted and sliced into 1-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced kumquats or 1 orange, segmented
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Wash and scrub beets with skins on. Cut off the stems and the top of each beet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Roasted in a 450-degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until fork tender.
- Once your beets have cooled, slide the skins off with your fingers and slice into wedges. Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside.
- Segment grapefruits by removing the membranes and piths. Reserve juice for dressing.
- To make dressing, combine grapefruit juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, crushed garlic, fresh basil and oregano in a large mason jar. Cover lid and shake to combine.
- On a large platter or wide and flat salad bowl, lay out baby spinach and baby arugula, followed by the roasted beets, avocado, grapefruit, kumquats, sliced red onion.
- Pour dressing over salad and garnish with toasted coconut flakes and fresh sea salt. Toss right before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Salads
Keywords: aip, paleo, vegan, whole30, winter salad, holiday, grapefruit, roasted beet