These grain-free, AIP/Paleo Thumbprint Cookies are a holiday classic! They’re made with a simple dough, filled with a delicious berry filling, and come together quickly with no dough chilling required.
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- jam or berry filling of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and gelatin.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until the dough comes together.
- Measure out 12 small tablespoon-sized pieces of cookie dough and roll into balls.
- Place balls on prepared cookie sheet and use the back of a teaspoon measuring spoon to press an indentation into the center of each cookie.
- Bake in middle rack of oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool 2-3 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, spoon your filling of choice into the indentations.
Ensure that the coconut oil is completely melted. The liquid from the coconut oil and maple syrup gives the dough moisture.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: aip, paleo, cookies, holiday cookies, thumbprint cookies, holiday recipes, grain-free, gluten free, nut free, easter cookies, easter desserts