These AIP and Paleo Honey Garlic Meatballs are so juicy and flavorful! Tender meatballs are tossed with a gluten free sticky honey garlic sauce for a quick and delicious dish that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 TBSP fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- finely chopped basil, to garnish (optional)
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt
- 1 TBSP tapioca starch + 2 TBSP water
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine beef with finely chopped fresh herbs, garlic, onion, celery and sea salt.
- *Using your hands, form seasoned beef into meatballs about 1.5 inches wide.
- Place onto parchment paper.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 11 minutes.
Honey Garlic Sauce
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until it begins to brown.
- Add honey**, coconut aminos, and balsamic vinegar to skillet and mix well. Allow the sauce to come to a boil.
- Sprinkle in pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl, make a slurry by combining tapioca starch with water. Add slurry to pan and whisk over heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Lower heat to simmer. Keep stirring until sauce is thickened to a desired consistency.
Meatballs in Honey Garlic Sauce
- Add meatballs to pan.
- Turn heat up to medium and stir meatballs in sauce.
- Mix well and let sauce thicken around meatballs.
- Garnish with basil (optional)
*Use a tablespoon or an ice cream or cookie scoop to help make meatballs uniform.
**Use a spatula to help remove honey from measuring cup.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baked, Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo honey garlic meatballs, aip meatballs, gluten-free honey garlic sauce, soy-free honey garlic sauce, aip snacks, aip appetizers, game day snacks,