This AIP/Paleo Fruitcake recipe is grain-free, dairy-free, coconut-free, nut-free and easy to make. It’s festive, warming and delicious!
- 1/2 cup green banana flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- gelatin egg (1 TBSP gelatin + 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar + 1/4 cup very hot water)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. I used an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 loaf pan for a cake that was slightly taller, but a standard 8 1/2 x 4 inch loaf pan will also work for this recipe.
- In a large bowl, combine green banana, arrowroot and tigernut flours, sea salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, cloves and mace.
- In a separate bowl combine olive oil, apple sauce, maple syrup vanilla and orange zest.
- Combine the wet and dried ingredients.
- In small bowl, make gelatin egg by combining apple cider vinegar with gelatin and very hot water. Whisk with a fork until all the gelatin is dissolved and mixture is frothy.
- Fold gelatin egg into the batter.
- Finally, add in chopped dried fruit.
- Bake in middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- If icing with coconut glaze, combine coconut butter and coconut oil and drizzle onto the top of the cooled cake.
- Allow the glaze to harden before slicing into the cake.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: aip, paleo, gluten free, grain free, fruitcake, holiday desserts, christmas fruitcake, christmas recipes, paleo fruitcake