These vegan and AIP/Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are the perfect holiday treat with the most delicious peppermint and chocolate combination. They come together quickly in one bowl with no chill time. Wins all around!
- 1/2 cup carob powder or cacao powder (AIP reintroduction)
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour
- 2 TBSP Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- unsweetened, shredded coconut
- freeze-dried raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large bowl add cassava flour, tapioca starch, carob or cacao powder (AIP reintroduction), baking soda and sea salt and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add palm shortening, maple syrup, peppermint extract and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Finally, fold in apple cider vinegar.
- Use a cookie scoop to place mounds of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet at least 1 inch apart. Press balls of dough down slightly with your hands or the back of a spoon.*
- Bake on middle rack in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool 10 minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- In a small bowl combine melted coconut oil and melted coconut butter.
- Dip half of each cookie into coconut butter mixture and immediately sprinkle with shredded coconut and crushed freeze-dried raspberries.
* These cookies don’t spread much in the oven, so pressing them down helps them in this process.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: aip, paleo, vegan, cookies, chocolate cookies, carob cookies, holiday cookies, paleo holiday cookies, peppermint, chocolate peppermint cookies, gluten free, grain free