These homemade Maple Breakfast Sausages are quick, easy and flavorful. They’re AIP and paleo and only require a few ingredients.
These sausages come together super quickly so are a great idea for a protein alongside your breakfast. They’re also an excellent meal prep option and can be frozen raw or cooked!
Here’s what you’ll need for these Maple Breakfast Sausages:
- ground pork – pork is naturally fatty and super flavorful and my top choice for breakfast sausages. If you don’t eat pork, see below for some other ideas.
- maple syrup – the star of this recipe
- crushed garlic
- fresh thyme – you can replace with dried thyme but the fresh really amps up the flavor here.
- sea salt
To make these sausages, combine the ground pork, maple syrup, crushed garlic, fresh thyme and sea salt in a large bowl. Form the patties into discs about 3/4 inch in height and 2 inches wide. Place patties into a large cast iron skillet heated on medium heat and cook approximately 5 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
FAQs for these homemade Maple Breakfast Sausages
Can I substitute the pork?
You can likely substitute another ground protein like chicken or turkey but you’ll have to play around with the seasonings and add oil to the skillet before cooking because they’re less flavorful and fatty.
Can I bake these or use an air fryer?
Yes and yes. I have only made these Maple Breakfast Sausages on the stovetop but would suggest baking on a parchment baking sheet in a 400F oven for ~ 15 -18 minutes (flipping once halfway through) or until internal temperature reaches 165F and they are nicely browned on each side. I would recommend cooking in an air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes and again, shaking the basket or flipping them once at the halfway point.
How do I store these?
These keep well in a sealed container in the fridge for 5 days. You can also freeze the cooked or uncooked sausages for several months. To cook from frozen, allow the patties to defrost in the fridge overnight and then cook using your desired method.
If you try these Maple Breakfast Sausages, I would love it if you would give the recipe a star rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.
You might also enjoy these other AIP breakfast options:Print
Maple Breakfast Sausage (AIP, paleo)
These homemade Maple Breakfast Sausages are quick, easy and flavorful and juicy! They’re AIP and paleo and only require a few ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 – 12 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minute
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP olive oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl combine ground pork, maple syrup, crushed garlic, thyme and sea salt and stir to combine.
- Use a spoon and then your hands to form the meat into round mini patties about 1/2-3/4 inches thick and 2 inches wide.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Once hot, place patties into the pan and cook ~ 5 minutes per side until sausages are nicely browned and reach an internal temperature of 165F
Keywords: aip, paleo, grain-free, breakfast sausage, maple, pork sausage, quick meals, mains