This Grilled Asparagus with Orange is the perfect Spring and Summer side. It’s AIP, paleo, vegan and Whole30 compliant, simple, refreshing and delicious.
- 1 bunch asparagus (~ 1lb)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme
- 1 orange, sliced (optional)
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Wash and trim woody ends off asparagus spears (~ 1 inch from the bottom).
- In a small bowl combine crushed/minced garlic with olive oil, freshly squeezed orange juice, sea salt, and fresh thyme into a marinade.
- Distribute marinade across the asparagus and orange slices (if using).
- Place asparagus and orange slices on grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked to desired liking. Asparagus is cooked when you can easily pierce a fork through the stem.*
* Cook time here is listed for thin asparagus spears. Increase cook time if using larger/thicker stems but be careful not to overcook or asparagus will be soggy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Gilled
Keywords: aip, paleo, vegan, whole30, asparagus, spring recipes, summer recipes, grilled vegetables, bbq, orange, citrus