Looking for the best AIP fries? These paleo Green Banana Fries are crispy, nutritious and delicious, paleo and deceptively healthy without any banana flavor!
- 4 unripened green bananas
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- Peel green bananas by trimming both ends and scoring the skin vertically in 2-3 areas to help remove the skin. Because the fruit is unripened, the skin will be tough.
- Slice the bananas into thin fries of even sizes.
- Place fries in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Massage oil and salt into the fries using your hands.
- If using an air fryer, work in batches, placing fries in an even layer into the basket. Fry at 400F for 10 minutes, flipping halfway throughout. Repeat with remaining batches. Once cooked, sprinkle with additional sea salt to taste.
If baking in the oven, preheat oven to 400F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and spread fries out in an even layer, being careful not to crowd the baking sheets so that the fries get crispy. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping once 10 minutes in. Once cooked, sprinkle with additional sea salt to taste.
- Serve with aip ketchup, cilantro-lime dipping sauce or nomato sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Sides
Keywords: aip, paleo, vegan, aip fries, green banana fries, green banana, air fryer