This Gluten Free Orange Chicken is paleo and AIP and made with ground chicken tossed in a delightfully tangy and sweet orange sauce that comes together in 20 minutes for an easy, quick and delicious meal.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP coconut aminos
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP olive or avocado oil
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated or minced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP orange zest
- 1/2 TBSP tapioca starch + 1/4 cup water
- green onions (for garnishing, optional)
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos and maple syrup and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat.
- Once hot, add ground chicken, salt, ginger, garlic and orange zest and brown the meat, leaving clumps of ground chicken together for some texture if desired.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, lower the heat slightly and add the orange sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and then combine tapioca starch and water to make a slurry. Stir slurry into the dish until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, garnish with sliced green onions and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Mains
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Keywords: orange chicken, ground chicken, 30 minute meals, one-pan meal, one-pot meal, easy dinner, orange chicken copycat