This one-pan Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata made with arrowroot starch is an easy AIP/paleo dish. It’s grain-free and dairy-free, and the perfect quick and delicious weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and cut in half (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 3 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sodium free chicken broth or stock (if AIP, ensure ingredients are compliant)
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP white wine vinegar
- Sliced lemon, for garnishing (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Butterfly chicken breasts and cut in half, vertically.
- To a large bowl, add chicken and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Mix.
- To a separate large bowl, add arrowroot starch. Dredge chicken in arrowroot starch. Shake off excess and put floured pieces aside on a plate.
- To a large skillet, add 2 TBSP olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Place cutlets in the pan. Pan sear until golden brown on each side.
- Remove seared cutlets and add remaining 1 TBSP olive oil to skillet.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add remaining 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1 TBSP white wine vinegar.
- Add capers.
- Reduce heat and return chicken to skillet. Cook on low heat until sauce thickens around the chicken, and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on top grain-free pasta, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Mains
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian inspired
Keywords: gluten-free chicken piccata, aip chicken piccata, paleo chicken piccata, dairy-free chicken piccata, AIP chicken recipe, easy AIP dinner recipe