This Fish en Papillote recipe is too easy – the parchment paper bundle practically does the work for you. It’s AIP, paleo, grain-free, dairy-free, Whole30 and just plain delicious.
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme/ 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 lemon sliced into thin pieces
- 2 filets haddock or other white fish
- Sea salt
- Black pepper (AIP reintroduction only)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut 2 pieces of parchment into squares twice as big as the pieces of fish.
- Fold each piece of parchment paper in half and cut out a half heart shape (so when it unfolds it’s shaped like a heart).
- Lay each parchment heart on a baking sheet and place sliced zucchini and 2-3 slices of lemon into the centre of each.
- Lay a filet of haddock on top each parchment, and season with sea salt.
- Top each filet with 2-3 lemon slices, cilantro, parsley, green onion and thyme.
- Fold over the edges of the parchment. Working from one end, begin tightly folding the open edge of the paper. See tutorial here.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the packets to plates and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Quick meals
Keywords: fish en papillote, fish, herbs, AIP, paleo, dairy-free, Whole30, quick meals