These dairy-free, paleo, AIP Snickerdoodles are thick, soft and divine! With a classic cinnamon-sugar crackle top and its signature slight tang, these cookies are made with unrefined sugar, warm spice and everything nice!
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or maple sugar
- 3/4 cup palm shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP gelatin
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup just boiled water
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, make the cinnamon sugar topping by combining maple or coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, combine cassava flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together palm shortening, coconut or maple sugar and vanilla until smooth.*
- Make a gelatin egg by combining gelatin and apple cider vinegar into a paste and quickly whisking in just-boiled water with a fork until there are no clumps of gelatin and the mixture is light and frothy.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add in the palm shortening mixture and gelatin egg and stir to combine.
- Use a cookie scoop or a TBSP to portion out dough and roll into balls about 1 1/2 TBSP in size.
- Dip each ball of dough into the cinnamon sugar topping and arrange onto parchment-lined cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Use the palm of your hand to gently press down each ball of dough to encourage the cookies to spread.**
- Bake cookies in the middle rack of your oven for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
**If you desire a thicker cookie, feel free to skip this step. Pressing the dough down encourages the cookies to spread to create a more classic looking snickerdoodle cookie.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: aip, paleo, dairy-free, snickerdoodles, grain-free baking, gluten-free baking, aip holiday baking, aip holiday cookies, aip cookies, aip snickerdoodles, dairy-free snickerdoodles, paleo snickerdoodles, grain-free snickerdoodles, cinnamon sugar cookies, egg-free snickerdoodles, egg-free baking, nut-free baking, cinnamon cookies, eggless snickerdoodles, snickerdoodle cookies, aip desserts, paleo cinnamon cookies, cassava flour snickerdoodles, healthy snickerdoodles, oil-free snickerdoodles, no butter snickerdoodles