This Cucumber Mango Salsa is a fresh and bright salsa that’s nightshade free and perfect for snacking, or as an accompaniment to grilled meats and veggies. This recipe is AIP, paleo, vegan and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 ripe but firm mango, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime + zest
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- In a large bowl combine diced mango, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and zest, olive oil and sea salt, to taste.
- You can use any variety of mango that you’d like, but the key here is that the mango isn’t too soft/ripe. You want it just firm enough so that you can peel, slice and dice the flesh easily and so that it can keep its shape once mixed with the other ingredients.
- If you’d prefer to pickle your onions ahead of time, I recommend doing so in some freshly squeezed lime juice or apple cider vinegar for 20 minutes before adding to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Store salsa in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sides
Keywords: aip, paleo, vegan, whole30, salsa, mango salsa, cucumber, fresh