These AIP and paleo Crunchy Tuna Wraps are super simple and so delicious. Soft gluten-free cassava tortillas are packed with a hearty and healthy tuna salad, kale, avocado and plantain chips and toasted for extra crunch.
- see recipe card and instructions
- 1, 7 ounce can of tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch onion powder
- 2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 2 TBSP green apple, finely diced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- handful of kale or lettuce
- handful of plantain chips (or other AIP compliant chips)
- Follow instructions in gluten-free tortillas recipe card to make 4 large tortillas, by cutting the dough into four even pieces. Use a tortilla press lined with parchment paper* or rolling pin** and parchment paper to roll out the tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, carefully peel away the parchment paper and flip the tortillas one at a time into the skillet.
- Cook ~1 minute per side just until the dough sets but not long enough for the tortillas to begin to brown.
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed into a large bowl and stir to combine. Adjust salt and lemon juice as desired.
- Ensure the wraps are soft and warm before you begin.
- Onto each wrap, fill kale, sliced avocado, 2 TBSP of tuna and a handful of chips in each of the four quarters.
- Using a pair of scissors, make a cut between two of the quarters from the edge to the middle.
- Carefully fold each quarter over the other, pressing down firmly between each fold to help press the ingredients down.
- Return the wrap to the skillet on medium heat and toast 1-1.5 mins per side until brown and crispy.
*Whether you use a tortilla press or rolling pin, it is important to roll the wraps out between two pieces of parchment paper to transfer carefully to the hot pan.
**If using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/6 – 1/8 inch thickness, about 7-8 inches in diameter.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Mains
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: aip, paleo, tuna salad, wraps, tortilla, crunchy tuna wrap, avocado, gluten-free wraps, gluten-free tortillas, tuna wraps